Monday, September 17, 2012

Kodi's Blog #5 - Kodi's Debut Book Review!!




Hello friends, fans and visitors!! 

     Thank you for stopping by and I cannot tell you how excited I am! I do apologize for the vast "space" of time since the last posts on this and my regular blogs. I will soon have a list of my recent projects and post of the art to tell you all about the work going on on your Captain's ship! Expect that in a few days on your Captain's regular blog at www.derrickutz.com!

For this post I just wanted to drop a quick set of 
photos and tell you about the newly available anthology with Kodi's first short story debut!!! 

     As I have been telling you over past posts, I have been working with a great group of creators and now I have a beautiful book to share with the world. This is just the first story in what I hope is a long and grand tale of the adventures of Kodi the Starfish!

     We went through the printing company of Ka-Blam.com and the books are amazing! the print quality is superb and my customers have been very excited to receive them! I offered two versions; a signed edition where I autographed the cover of Kodi's story, the "Do-It-Yourself" Comic and the Concept Gallery that I constructed.

     Secondly, I offered a Sketch Edition with a separate, frame-able original sketch! Out of the 27 books I sold, around 20 of them wanted sketches and that is one of the things that has had me attached to my drawing table. Whew, it was awesome!

     It was an honor to contribute along with so many awesome artists! I have a post I will do some day soon on my regular site that will link and detail many of the different artists I have worked with so that you may visit their sites and enjoy their awe-inspiring works. I will let you know when that will happen.

     So, first I have photos from the printed book so you can see how beautiful everything turned out and following that, I have some scans of some of the original art that some of my customers received with their orders!

Enjoy!














And now some Original Sketches!!!







Alright everyone, I will wrap on that! Today is Monday and I am looking to have new posts with the new project updates and tons of art for you all to enjoy on the Captain's Blog by this Friday!





No comments:

Post a Comment