Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Kodi's Blog #1! - Welcome!!



Hello visitors! 

My name is Derrick Utz (here is a link to my graphic design illustration blog) and I am the creator and illustrator for a children's story character, Kodi the Starfish! I have been developing and drawing him for a short time for his debut in the first space themed, all ages comic anthology, "8 in Spaaace!!!" from the creative community of illopond.com!

I have created this brand new blog to post all of the new art and story content and updates to news and exciting information related to Kodi and his many future adventures! I am very proud to bring this to you and I am thankful that you are excited to recieve it.

Currently, I have just finished the first short story of Kodi titled "Home Again" where his best friend Kadi helps to take him from where he has grown up on Earth, back into space to meet with his family. The above image is the advertisement for the anthology! Now, I am working on developing a potentioal new 8 page short story for the 2nd illopond.com "8 in Spaaace!!!" book that I am also honored to be the project lead on. This tale will be titled "Kodi the Starfish and Stellar City" and will be an amazing tale of Kodi's first visit to a giant star city in deep space!!!

I will be posting often with new content, charater sketches, layouts and general progress as I work through the story.

The next post I make will be a short description of who and what Kodi is. I will have a more in-depth explination in the "About Kodi" tab at the top of the blog under the page's header. I will update this information soon so check back!

Again, thank you for visiting and welcome to this new creative adventure!!

My best wishes to you,
Derrick "Captain Dutz" Utz

No comments:

Post a Comment